Incoming First-Year Scholars
The Academic Advisement Center helps incoming students have a strong start to their educational journey.
First-Year Scholars Seminars
Seminars are mandatory for all new incoming first-time scholars.
- Seminars for students enrolling in the Spring semester start in late November.
- Seminars for students enrolling in the Fall semester start in late April.
- Provide students with advising and registration support
- Assist students access and better understand how to use CUNYfirst
- Introduce students to college resources and support services
- Help students understand the College's advising structure
- Introduce students to basic academic policies and procedures
- Provide information about the freshmen seminar course, NESS 100: College Survival & Success
- Better prepare students for future advising interactions with staff and faculty advisors
- Remind students of important deadlines (e.g., registration, payment)
"College is a journey and a place to grow within a community"