"MUSTS" for International Students
- Your SEVIS I-20 MUST be kept valid at all times. It is your responsibility to check your program’s end date (see item #5 on your SEVIS Form I-20) and if necessary have your SEVIS I-20 extended at least 30 days prior to its expiration.
- You MUST use your most recently issued SEVIS I-20 for travel. Please note that ALL students will be issued a “Continued Attendance” SEVIS I-20 from the International Student Service (ISS) in the Registrar’s Office (rm. 1H06). You MUST visit your International Student Advisor prior to traveling to have your most recently issued SEVIS I-20 signed.
- Your passport MUST be kept valid at all times.
- You MUST inform the ISS of a change of address within 10 days of moving. You can report this by changing your address with the Registrar’s office or via e-Sims.
- You MUST register Full-Time each semester. (Full-time for undergraduate students is a minimum of 12 credits.) In addition to registering full-time, you must successfully complete a full course load each term. You can not withdraw from a course without getting authorization from your International Student Advisor.
- You MUST maintain good academic standing. For undergraduate students you must maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- You MUST pay your tuition bill on time or you will fall out of status.
- If you are working on-campus or at another CUNY college, you MUST be re-certified to work EACH semester. You MUST bring a letter of employment to your International Student Advisor for approval BEFORE beginning to work each semester.
Academic Core Bldg, Room 1H06
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd. Jamaica, NY 11451
You are NOT permitted to work off campus unless approval is received for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) .
Note: Students can apply for OPT as early as 90 days prior to completion of their program or 60 days after you complete your program.