Lock Out Policy
Some of the regular services performed by the Locksmith Shop are:
- Cut keys for distribution to College personnel.
- Re-key door, desk, file and utility locks.
- Maintain master key systems.
- Repair or replace broken door locks.
- Repair and replace desk, file, utility and cabinet locks.
- Change function of locks.
- Specify, recommend door hardware for renovation and new construction.
- Service sticking or loose door locks and hardware.
- Install and maintain local exit alarms
- Provide access for surveyors, contractors, and inspectors through campus buildings.
- Repairs and replaces door and floor checks.
To request a key:
- Fill out a “Work Order” for a key request and submit to the Buildings and Groungs Department (Room LL13) for processing.
- All Work Order key requests must have a signature from an authorized official of York College (i.e. Dept. Chairperson, VP’s, etc.)
- The requestor will receive a date stamp receipt copy of the Work Order.
- You will receive a card in the inter-office mail when the key is ready
- When keys are ready, they can be picked up during regular business hours from Building & Grounds office (Rm. AC-LL13). If keys need to picked up during non-business hours, arrangements can be made with Public Safety.
- There is a $5.00 fee to replace lost or stolen keys.
The term "key run" means the responding of security personnel to a request to unlock or lock a door for an authorized person(s). This can be accomplished by simply calling the Public Safety Office or going directly to anyone of the security desks. Key runs will only be performed to the individual's assigned space. Any exceptions can only be made with prior authorization of the occupants. Key runs to club or Student Council offices must have prior approval from the Dean of Students or the Director of Student Activities. Classrooms and Smart rooms will not be opened for students without the faculty member present who is assigned to utilize the room in question.