. Listed below are some suggestions for safe travel:
- Do not walk and talk while holding a cellphone in your hand. Avoid using high end gear, like white headphones for example, whenever possible.
- Be observant. Take notice of your surroundings.
- Walk with your head upright.
- When possible, travel with a group of people familiar to you.
- Walk along high traffic, well-lit areas and streets.
- If you are near the campus and feel threatened, quickly enter any entrance to the College and report the incident to the Public Safety Officer at the ID Post located at that entrance.
- Do not stop to engage in conversations with strangers.
- If you are the victim of an act of theft or harassment, do not expose yourself to harm. Commit the incident to memory, allow the individual(s) involved to leave, and report the incident immediately to a Public Safety Officer or other proper authority.
Please consider the suggestions above. Discuss them with your fellow co-workers, or classmates.
If you have any questions regarding the above subject matter, please contact the Public Safety Office, Room 1M02, extension 2222.