Facilities Planning Office
The Facilities Planning mission is to assist the Academic, Student Development, Institutional Advancement, Institutional Development and Effectiveness, and Administrative Departmental goals of the College. Spaces are to be assessed based on new needs, upgraded and made compliant as required via in-house and/or external resources, adhering to all applicable codes and processes. In addition, the transformation of spaces should uphold Health and Safety, provide comfort, preserve order, foster Academic excellence, and promote an enhanced quality of life for the community.
Goals of the Facilities Planning Office for the upcoming year 2018
- Completion of the 1F03 Student Leadership Center. (Link to 5.1)
- Completion of the 3G Graduate and Student Collaborative Study Rooms (Link to 5.1)
- Completion of 3F01 Chemistry Department Renovation. (Link to 5.2)
- Completion of Student Lounge Furniture Project by providing new and recycling existing lounge furniture campuswide. (Link to 5.3)
- Develop Scopes of Work as required, prioritized, and funded to initiate campus-wide office and classroom upgrade projects. (Link to 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4)
Common Goal: Ensure the planning and building of facilities that meet and sustain the long-range strategic needs of York College in concert with the surrounding community.
5.1 Construct and configure campus spaces that enable interactive learning
5.2 Upgrade the technological infrastructure to enhance faculty and administrative productivity
5.3 Integrate sustainability principles across the campus
5.4 Promote York College as a destination for learning and the arts