Federal Work Study (FWS)
If you are awarded FWS, you must work in an eligible work-study job, either on-campus or off-campus, in order to receive the money. Placement assistance for work-study jobs can be found at Student Financial Services. You must have a FAFSA on file and demonstrate financial need in order to be eligible for FWS.
All awarded Federal Work Study students must follow these criteria:
- Have an FWS Award on CUNYfirst and must accept it
- Registered for at least 6 credits
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanenet resident, refugee, or asylee
- Must work at an FWS approved on-campus or off-campus worksite
- Work no more than 20 hours per week.
|Grade Level||Pay Rate|
|Freshman||$10.00 per hour|
|Sophomore||$10.00 per hour|
|Junior||$10.50 per hour|
|Senior||$10.50 per hour|
Off campus positions vary $8.75 - $10 per hour.