Student Development 110
SD 110 - Course Description – Developing Success in College
The Student Development course seeks to engage you in the intensive exploration of study skills techniques, career and vocational development, values formation, learning processes and all areas pertinent to the college experience. The goal of this course is to help you develop the skills needed to be successful in college. You will learn how to cope with the demands of college and to make the best use possible of the challenges and opportunities that will confront you. It is my hope that you will gain a better understanding of yourself, your instructors, your peers and what the college community has to offer you.
- Identify study skills appropriate to succeed in college
- Understand the relationship between time management and success in college
- Identify learning styles and personal strengths
- Identify college services and institutional procedures
- Understand the career exploration process and learn about career resources on campus
- Explore the role values and goals play in decision making.