CUNYfirst Information for Students
How to Start Using CUNYfirst
- Once you have claimed your account in CUNYfirst, the CUNYfirst system will send messages only to your York College email address. Make sure that you have activated your York email account.
- Contact the IT Help Desk by using Y-connect or calling (718) 262-5311, if your account does not appear to be working properly
- Late April, eSIMS will be officially shut down and no longer be available.
- Claim your CUNYfirst account by late April
- After claiming your account, it is imperative that you keep your CUNYfirst ID (EMPLID) handy, as your Social Security number will no longer be used to access student records.
- Student Self Service Documents
Advantages of CUNYfirst
CUNYfirst will replace eSims for registering for classes, paying tuition, and tracking and managing your financial aid. Once the system is in place ,you can access all these services directly through CUNYfirst with a single sign-on. No more standing in lines and learning multiple systems and processes: CUNYfirst will do it all.
All the information you need to register will be right there on CUNYfirst—just select and click.
- Search for Classes
You don’t have to go back and forth to find classes—it’s all in CUNYfirst.
- Validate Courses
Course prerequisites are displayed, and CUNYfirst will tell you if you qualify.
- Swap Courses
No need to wait in line. CUNYfirst swaps courses for you.
- See Financial Information
Get answers in CUNYfirst so you don’t need to wait in line at the Bursar or Financial Aid.
- View Your Course History
See your entire course history when you are registering on CUNYfirst.
- Pay Tuition and Fees
You'll be able to make payments online.
Activating Your York Email Account
Email accounts for students who are taking courses for credit at York are automatically created within three business days of registering for courses for the first time. There is no need to request an account or complete a form or application. Students can look up their email addresses at the http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/webteam/live. Follow the detailed instructions to proceed. If help is needed to find an email address, contact the Student Help Desk http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/service-delivery-unit/y-connect or by phone at (718) 262- 5311.
Your York email address is important to know and check, because once you have claimed your account in CUNYfirst, the CUNYfirst system will send messages only to that email account. Students should regularly check for notices sent to this address.