CUNYfirst Information for Faculty
Advantages of CUNYfirst
- Each faculty member will have a single user name and password for all CUNYfirst applications.
- Faculty can directly connect via the Internet to CUNYfirst Portal from any location. CUNYfirst is not connected to the current CUNY Portal.
This module enables faculty to:
- View, on demand, your personal information and work history.
- Change your personal email addresses (your York email address must remain your primary address), emergency contacts, and professional memberships.
- Provide documentation to update changes and confirm current information for your:
- Home address
- Marital Status
- Name Change
- Social Security Number
- New or re-submitting I-9
- New or advanced degrees
- Honors and certifications
This module has various features for faculty, advisers, deans, and chairs:
- Faculty can create and view weekly instructional calendar by daily, weekly, and monthly views
- Faculty can view Class Rosters as soon as students register—and email your entire class or specific individuals from the rosters
- Faculty advisers can use Advanced Advisement Tools to:
- See, in real time, student transcripts, current class schedule, and contact information, with the ability to contact students directly through CUNYfirst;
- E-mail an individual student or all your student advisees;
- Contact your advisee’s instructors through CUNYfirst; and
- View "holds" and other service indicators.
- Deans and chairs can view an instructor’s teaching history.
- Enrollment and instructor data feeds directly into Blackboard.
- A University-wide standard process will post grades electronically:
- This is an advantage for professors/adjuncts who have multiple campus postings.
- Quicker postings to student transcripts will support timely registration for pre- and corequisite requirements.
Activating Your York E-Mail Account
CUNYfirst will send messages ONLY to your York e-mail account. Please be sure that your account is activated. Most faculty and staff members already have a York e-mail account. E-mail accounts for faculty and staff who are new to York as of Fall 2012 were generated at the beginning of the semester; the same process was generated for Spring 2013. For adjunct faculty members, revised security protocols now ensure that your York e-mail account will remain active for 30 days after the end of each semester’s appointment.
Contact the Information Technology Help Desk to check on the status of your account at http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/service-delivery-unit/y-connect or by phone at (718) 664-5311 or extension 5311 from any phone on campus.