- State Society on Aging of New York (SSANY) presents "Addressing the Needs of Diverse New York City Elders: Multidisciplinary Perspectives"
- The State Society on Aging of New York sponsored program focuses on the needs of New York City’s older adults and families.
- What Undergraduate Research
- When Apr 09, 2014 from 08:00 PM to 11:00 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where Fordham University, 113 West 60th Street, New York, NY 10023
- Contact Name Rudy
- Contact Phone 718-262-2813
- Add event to calendar iCal
It will address issues concerning New York City's ethnically and linguistically diverse older adults and provide information on programs and services that support the health and well-being of older New York City residents to enable aging in place in advanced age. The State Society on Aging of New York invites members and non-members, including health and human service professionals across disciplines, students with an interest in gerontology and aging issues, policy makers, administrators, and all individuals interested in aging issues to join us. There will be opportunities for discussion and networking at the conclusion of panel presentations. There is no charge for attendance.
Sponsored by Education Committee, State Society on Aging of New York Co-sponsored by Consortium of New York Geriatric Education Centers
Welcome: Dr. Beverly Horowitz, SSANY Past- President and Co-Chair of the Education Committee Keynote Speaker: Greg Olsen, Executive Deputy Director, New York State Office for Aging,
Perspectives on The State of Aging in New York State. Panel Presenters:
- James O’Neal, Director of Community Outreach, Centerlight
- Mohini Mishra, CASP, LMSW, Selfhelp Community Services, Inc.
- Christian Gonzalez -Rivera, Research Associate, Center for an Urban Future
- Dr. Mary Beth Morrissey, Fordham University, Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center
Pre-registration required by Thursday, April 3, 2014
Please email Dr. Beverly Horowitz to preregister.