- 2014 Summer Research Trainee Program (SRTP) at Massachusetts General Hospital
- The Multicultural Affairs Office at Massachusetts General Hospital is now accepting applications for the 2014 Summer Research Trainee Program.
- What student featured Undergraduate Research
- When Feb 15, 2014 from 04:00 AM to 04:55 AM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where 55 Fruit Street, Bulfinch 123, Boston, MA 02114
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
2014 Summer Research Trainee Program
The Summer Research Trainee Program is a mandatory eight weeks in length. Students will 2013 SRTP STUDENT PROFILE Click here for 2013 students profile be paired with a preceptor who will work closely with them, providing guidance and instruction in techniques necessary to address current problems in science and medicine. The student will participate in a new or ongoing project and assume increasing independence during the course of the program. Students will be expected to:
- Prepare an oral presentation of their work at the completion of the eight-week program.
- Prepare an abstract of the research project.
- Attend the weekly didactic seminars (mandatory), as well as an introductory course in clinical/physiological research that surveys the theoretical, practical and applied aspects of clinical investigation.
- A living stipend of $ 4,000.00 for food and other necessities is provided along with housing costs (lodging arrangements provided near the hospital).
- Application will be Available: Friday, December 6, 2013
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2014
- Decisions Made: Monday, March 3, 2014 (tentative)
- Program Starts: Monday, June 16, 2014
- Program Ends: Thursday, August 7, 2014