- 9th Annual Research Day
- Research Day is a celebration of undergraduate research and creative scholarship in all disciplines at York College.
- What employee featured employee student Undergraduate Research student featured
- When May 03, 2018 (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Add event to calendar iCal
2018 Research Day - Call for Abstracts
The Office of Undergraduate Research at York College is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for our 9th Annual Research Day. The conference will take place from 9 to 5 pm in the Academic Core building at York College on May 3rd, 2018. Research Day is a celebration of undergraduate research and creative scholarship in all disciplines at York College. The conference also offers opportunities for students to connect with potential faculty mentors. Abstract submission is open for reports of original research and creative scholarship as well as classroom projects that engage students in research-like experiences. All submissions require sponsorship by a faculty mentor. Submissions should conform to the Student Guidelines for Oral and Poster Presentations. Accepted abstracts will be published in the York College Undergraduate Research Day Proceedings. Consequently, faculty mentors should be careful to review all submitted work.
- February 15th, 2018 - Abstract submission and registration open
- April 1st, 2018 - Abstract and registration submission deadline
- April 16th, 2018 - Acceptance email notifications will be sent out by this date.
- April 24th, 2018 - Deadline to request poster printing. Instructions on how to request poster printing will be emailed to presenters.
- May 3rd, 2018 - Research Day.
History of the Conference
Every April, York College students engaged in undergraduate research and creative scholarship present their findings through poster and panel presentations. In 2011, the 2nd Annual Student Research Day involved more than 200 participants, including keynote speaker Staceyann Chin, performer, and Co-writer of Russel Simmons Def Poetry Jam on Broadway, The Other Side Of Paradise. In 2012, the 3rd Annual Student Research Day involved more than 250 students, and featured award-winning novelist Hari Kunzru, author of "Gods Without Men." Participation continued to grow for our 4th Annual Research day, which featured Dr. Partha P. Mitra, Professor of Neuroscience and Theoretical Biology at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. Our hallmark 5th year featured Pulitzer Prize-winning author Charles Duhigg and former Provost of York College, Ivelaw Griffith. The 6th year featured science evangelist and author Dr. Ainissa Ramirez and honoree Dr. Beth Rosenthal.