Summer Program for Undergraduate Research at Hunter College
SPUR partners with the Leadership Alliance, an academic consortium of 32 institutions dedicated to increasing the participation of underrepresented minorities in scientific research. Through this partnership, we attract large numbers of students from around the country to Hunter College for summer research experiences at the CTBR. This partnership increases the impact of the SPUR program on addressing the national issue of minority underrepresentation in biomedical research.
Undergraduate applicants must
- Be US citizens or permanent residents
- Be a current college student
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Be a major in biology, chemistry, biopsychology, biophysics or biotechnology, or another biomedical research area
- Have completed at least one year of coursework in their major prior to joining SPUR
Members of minority groups underrepresented in science such as African Americans, Latinos, or Native Americans are especially encouraged to apply.
Financial and Housing Information
Undergraduate students will receive the following:
- Stipend - $3,000 paid in installments throughout the program.
- Travel - All travel expenses to and from the program are reimbursed upon submission of receipts.
- Housing - Program participants unable to commute to the program stay at the International House in Manhattan at no cost. The International House has housed students from all over world in its current location by Riverside Park since 1924.
For additional information, please visit: http://ctbr.hunter.cuny.edu/content/about-spur