Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Writing and Research Training Program
The program is especially geared toward Mellon Mays Fellows from institutions in the western United States. Fellows participate in a rigorous scholarly writing and research methodology course, individual and group mentoring sessions, workshops, events, and a final research colloquium. The program also includes on-campus housing and a meal allowance.
- Applicants must be current Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellows at their colleges or universities
- For rising juniors (first-year MMUF students) or seniors (second-year MMUF students)
- Please note that students will NOT be paired directly with a faculty mentor but will take an intensive writing and research course.
- Admission to the program is rolling; applicants are advised to apply early due to limited space. Applications will be considered after the deadline only if space is available.
- A complete application includes the submission of the online application form, as well as a brief research statement and a description of summer research goals. See the program website for full details of supplementary application materials: http://cms6.ugeducation.ucla.edu/urhass/mmsummer.aspx
To learn more about this program, please visit the program website or contact Dr. Whitney Arnold.