- A Musical Exchange with University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Music@York hosts a Musical Exchange with students from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
Program / CoursesMusic
- Auditions for AIDA
York College Theatre Announces auditions for its Spring 2015 musical, AIDA by Elton John and Time Rice.
- Auditions for the Spring 2015 play "Our Lady of 121st Street"
York College Theatre Announces auditions for its Spring 2015 play, "Our Lady of 121st Street" by Stephen Adly Guirgis
- Final Performances (english) of "La Luz De Un Cigarrillo" by Marco Antonio Rodriguez
Due to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, our Thursday, Nov. 1 performances of “La Luz De Un Cigarrillo” (at 12noon in English and at 7pm in Spanish) have been canceled. We have rescheduled our final two performances as follows: Nov. 06 at 12noon (in English) and our final performance will be held on Nov. 08 at 12noon (in Spanish). All Tuesday, Oct. 30th tickets which have already been purchased will be honored at the 12noon performance on Nov. 06.
- Final Performances (spanish) of "La Luz De Un Cigarrillo" by Marco Antonio Rodriguez
Debido a la como secuela del paso del huracán Sandy, nuestras presentaciones del jueves 1 de noviembre de "La Luz De Un Cigarrillo" (en Inglés a las 12pm y en español a las 7pm) ha sido cancelada. Hemos reprogramado las dos últimas presentaciones de la siguiente manera: Nov.6 a las 12pm (en Inglés) y nuestra última presentación tendrá lugar el 8 de noviembre a las 12pm (en Español). Todos los boletos comprados para la presentacion del martes 30 de Octubre pueden ser usados para la presentacion de el jueves Nov 6 a las 12pm.
- Language and Identity: The Latino Mask. A symposium about language in theatre and its impact on an audience.
Focusing on language itself, we explore the idea of bilingualism on-stage. This project also attempts to examine how specific cultural idioms in a Spanish-language play can be conveyed to an English-speaking audience, holding true to the intended meaning of a play as presented in its original language.
- Pulling Back The Veil Exhibition reception
The Dept. of Performing and Fine Arts in Collaboration with the Dept. of Biology Opens its Photography Exhibition, "Pulling Back The Veil: The Art Of Microscopy"
- The Business of Music - Special Guest Lecturer, Robert Celestin
The York College Dept. of Performing and Fine Arts, in association with NAFME presents, "The Business of Music" with special guest lecturer, Robert Celestin.
- The Mechanics and Magic of Art Gallery Curatorship
Dr. Margaret Vendryes & Mario Picayo present the procedures, from inception to the opening reception, of a fine arts gallery exhibition.
- The York College Theatre Announces its 2012-2013 Season
For over 40 years, York College Theatre has prided itself on presentations of the highest quality. From its earliest years, the Theatre discipline at York has been committed to excellence, from the production of timeless plays by Shakespeare, Coward, and Williams to the new classics of August Wilson and A.R. Gurney.