- Pick's Theorem
- This week's math/cs club talk focuses on Pick's Theorem.
- What Math and Computer Science Math student featured
- When Oct 28, 2014 from 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where AC/2C07 Math/CS Department Conference Room
- Contact Name Lidia Gonzalez
- Contact Phone 718-626-2551
- Attendees Talks are open to all (you do NOT have to be a math or CS major to attend).
- Add event to calendar iCal
Pick's theorem states that the area of a polygon whose vertices have integer coefficients can be found just by counting the lattice points on the interior and boundary of the polygon!
Specifically, the area is given by Area(P) = i + (b/2) - 1 where i is the number interior lattice points, and b is the number of boundary lattice points.
Join us as we explore this theorem.
This talk is self-contained (no prior knowledge of the topic is needed.)
Snacks wil be provided.
Math/CS Club talks & activities take place on Tuesdays from 3pm – 4pm unless otherwise noted.