- Black History Month event
Film screening, "Before they Die," depicting the Tulsa, Oklahoma race riots of the 1920's, followed by panel discussion featuring Andrew Jackson, York College adjunct Lecturer of Cultural Diversity.
- Booktalk: Cao Xueqin's The Story of the Stone
Exploring philosophical themes in influential books from around the globe.
- Department of History and Philosophy
The Department of History and Philosophy offers majors in Anthropology, Black Studies, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Philosophy. It also houses the Cultural Diversity program.
- Dr. George White's latest on the consequences of facing white rage!
Dr. White's blog focuses on the parallel between the white rage faced by Marvel Superhero featured in the Netflix show Luke Cage with the violent arrest and treatment of New York Knicks legend, Charles Oakley.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.