Resources for Students Seeking Support
Resources for students who are in "undocumented" immigration status
New York City
- CUNY's Citizenship Now
- New York City's Action NYC
- NY Immigration Coalition
- Immigration Advocates
- NYC Health Insurance
- The Children's Aid Society
- Immigration Equality The nation's leading LGBTQ Immigrations rights organization.
- Make the Road - How we work
- Urban Justice Center Asylum seeker project, queer youth (Peter Cicchino) project, and organizing around protecting worker collectives.
- Catholic Charities Immigration legal services, available in NY, NJ and elsewhere.
- Immigrant Defense Project Nationally renowned criminal/immigration organization, offering advice and training for folks with and without immigration status who are caught up in the criminal system. The website has SO much information that criminal defense attorneys rely on.
- Legal Aid Society Criminal and civil legal help regardless of status. Civil help includes family law, housing law, employment law.
- Families for Freedom Works closely with the Immigrant Defense Project. Founded in September 2002, Families for Freedom is a New York-based multi-ethnic human rights organization by and for families facing and fighting deportation. We are immigrant prisoners (detainees), former immigrant prisoners, their loved ones, or individuals at risk of deportation.
- New York Immigration Coalition
- Yemen Temporary Protected Status Providers (TPS)
- New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) Lots and lots of civil legal services, including immigration, housing, employment, public benefits, family law.
- Legal Services New York Immigration, housing, queer, HIV law.
- Anti-Violence Project The New York City Anti-Violence Project empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and HIV-affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and supports survivors through counseling and advocacy.
- NYC Mayor's Office
- National Immigration Project Tools (with pdf resources)
- Immigrant Defense Project
- National Immigration Law Center
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- National Lawyers Guild Referral directory.
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center Legal training, educational materials, and advocacy to advance immigrant rights. The mission of the ILRC is to work with and educate immigrants, community organizations, and the legal sector to continue to build a democratic society that values diversity and the rights of all people.