I Feel Damn Lucky!
ubiquitous –adj. existing or being everywhere, esp. at the same time; omnipresent
perpetual – adj. continuing or enduring forever; everlasting
intrusive –adj. tending or apt to intrude; coming without invitation or welcome
pervasive – adj. becoming spread throughout all parts of
trudging – v. to walk, esp. laboriously or wearily
behemoth – n. any creature or thing of monstrous size or power
rote – n. routine; a fixed, habitual, or mechanical course of procedure
eclectic –adj. selecting or choosing from various sources
oxymoron – n. a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”
wreak havoc - disrupt, damage, or destroy something
gargantuan –adj. Huge; extremely large; enormous
Fill in the blanks with the words chosen from the box.
perpetual oxymoron eclectic gargantuan rote ubiquitous
1. Eric’s taste in art, was ___________, as he had equal passion for Picasso, Rembrandt and Frida Kahlo.
2. The ___________ wrestler was terrified of mice.
3. He recited the passage by _____ and gave no indication he understood what he was saying.
4. Ponce de Leon hoped to find __________ youth.
5. You must be __________ for I meet you wherever I go.
6. “Bitter sweetness” is an ___________.
1. eclectic 2. gargantuan 3. rote 4. perpetual 5. ubiquitous 6. oxymoron