English department Faculty resources
- English 125
- Resources for faculty teaching English 125, Composition I: Introduction to College Writing
- English 126
- Resources for faculty teaching English 126, Composition II: Writing about Literature
- English 200
- Resources for Faculty teaching English 200, Introduction to Literature
- Writing 300
- On this page you will find several resources to support your teaching of Writing 301, 302 and 303. We recommend that any new WRIT 300 instructor read the "Guide to Teaching Writing 300," included below. Please use the syllabus template, also included in a link below, as you create the documents for your own course. Writing 300 includes several formal writing assignments: 2 short papers at the beginning of the semester, a research proposal, and annotated bibliography, a research paper that emerges from an extended research and drafting process, and a reflective final essay. The final paper should account for about 40% of the course grade. If you would like example prompts for any of these assignments, please contact Phebe Kirkham, the English Department's Writing Course Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Heather Robinson, the Writing Program Director, at email@example.com.
- English 125/126/200 Workshop Videos
- All faculty members were invited to attend a series of workshops in Spring 2013 so that they will be qualified to teach York College’s new general education courses.