College Now’s mission is to serve NYC public high school students through college credit courses which are aligned with the first-year study at CUNY, as well as through pre-college courses and activities designed to promote knowledge and awareness of the college-going process and/or increase academic readiness for college
CUNY College Now Priorities
- Provide college credit courses representative of a first-year college experience.
- Provide pre-college experiences designed to:
- Increase students’ knowledge and awareness of the college-going process and/or
- Increase students’ academic readiness for college-level coursework.
- Enroll a Diverse and Representative Population of Students
- Serve a representative population of DOE students in each program reflecting the demographic profile of partner schools
- Devise and implement strategies working towards closing the gap in program participation by minority males reflecting their population in partner schools and citywide.
York’s College Now Priorities
- Fulfill CUNY’s College Now mission and priorities
- Integrate program offerings and College Now students into the York College experience
- Work closely with York College offices including Registrar’s, Financial Aid, and Advisement and with academic departments to maximize the success of program offerings
- In addition to increasing student’s knowledge, awareness, and readiness for college, impart that information to high school teachers, staff members, and administrators