Going to college is an important decision—but students should set their sights on succeeding in college. Participating in College Now can provide you with important information and an understanding of college while you are still in high school. You will experience the intellectual challenges of college work, and earn credits that transfer. By participating in the College Now Program, you can reduce the time and money spent in earning a college degree. In addition, the courses you take, regardless of the subject or level, will help you to do better in high school. College Now reinforces the skills you need to progress towards graduation and helps you do better on Regents examinations.
The benefits include
- The college credits you earn in York College's program can be transferred to almost any college you attend, whether it is a CUNY, SUNY, or another public or private institution.
- You will be invited to visit York College, where you will be introduced to campus programs and facilities. You will also receive information regarding the college enrollment process and financial aid.
- You will receive a York College ID, which entitles you to use the library, computer center, and the athletics complex.
- You could qualify for scholarships and to participate in a special internship called Model New York City Council Project.
- You will gain experience in dealing with the expectations and fast pace of performing college level work.