Information for Students
To support your first-year experience, you will be automatically assigned to a NESS 100: "College Survival and Success" seminar group. This online seminar will connect you with other incoming students as you learn the ropes of being successful in college. With the help of an experience peer leader and through a variety of activities, you will gain knowledge about college and most importantly, yourself!
This course will help you:
- Successfully transition to York College.
- Discover new ideas and opportunities.
- Explore majors and possible careers.
- Identify and develop personal and academic skills for success.
- Learn how to use technology.
- Get know the resources available to you at York College
- Understand college policy and procedures.
- Meet new people.
- Enjoy the adventure of learning.
Explore and Grow
NESS 100 provide students with great opportunities to explore and grow. Click on the syllabus to learn more, NESS 100 Syllabus. Seminar activities help students engage in active learning and connect with their peers, faculty and staff. Click on the assignments to explore.