Freshmen workshops are mandatory for all incoming first-time students.
- Workshops for students enrolling in the Spring semester start in late November.
- Workshops for students enrolling in the Fall semester start in late April.
- Provide students with advising and registration support
- Assist students access and better understand how to use CUNYfirst
- Introduce students to college resources and support services
- Help students understand the College's advising structure
- Introduce students to basic academic policies and procedures
- Provide information about the freshmen seminar course, NESS 100: College Survival & Success
- Better prepare students for future advising interactions with staff and faculty advisors
- Remind students of important deadlines (e.g., registration, payment)
For more information about academic advising and other services provided, read the Advisement ABCs: A Quick Guide for Entering Students.
College Survival and Success
Incoming freshmen who are not in a specialized program like SEEK or Students of Promise are automatically enrolled in NESS 100. This is a free online freshmen seminar course that helps students:
- Successfully transition to York College.
- Discover new ideas and opportunities.
- Explore majors and possible careers.
- Identify and develop personal and academic skills for success.
- Learn how to use technology.
- Get know the resources available to you at York College
- Understand college policy and procedures.
- Meet new people.
- Enjoy the adventure of learning!
- Review NESS 100 Syllabus.
"College is a journey and a place to grow within a community"