Student Educational Planner (SEP)
The Benefits of SEP
- Shows students how to complete a degree in four years
- Advisors can create an academic plan which can be viewed by both the advisor and student
- A calendar view for easy understanding of academic plans.
- Planner notes where advisors can communicate additional information or special instruction about the course selection and/or grade needed in the course.
- A side-by-side degree audit and student planner view shows students how courses in the plan will apply to the degree audit.
Accessing the Student Educational Planner?
- Sign into DegreeWorks
- Click on the Plans Tab
- You can choose the Calendar view or Notes view.
- In the Calendar view, plans are "locked" by the academic advisor, any changes to a locked Plan must be approved by the advisor
- As you work together with your advisor, your advisor will be able to suggest specific courses using the Student Educational Planner SEP
- Advisors can add notes to remind you of deadlines, elective course options or requirements
- Only your academic advisor has the ability to create a plan or make changes to your plan. If you do not have a plan, contact your advisor for more information.
- Need Help? Review York College’s Student Educational Planner Presentation.
Will I still be able to view my audit in DegreeWorks?
Yes, the way to access and view the degree audit (worksheet tab) has not changed. The degree audit will continue to provide information about degree requirements.
Degree Audit and Student Educational Planner
The degree audit and plan are best used together!
- The degree audit (worksheet tab) provides students with information about their degree requirements; it shows WHAT requirements students have completed and still need.
- The SEP (plans tab) offers information for each semester as to which courses should be taken in particular prerequisite sequencing. SEP shows WHEN courses will be completed.
- It is important that students follow their academic plan to ensure timely graduation.