What can I expect when I meet with my academic advisor?
- Courteous, caring, respectful, and supportive guidance to help you explore and discover your academic and career goals.
- Help with academic planning and career guidance consistent with your interests, values, and goals.
- Provide accurate information about academic requirements, CUNY and York College policies and procedures, and campus resources.
Referrals to the appropriate resources to support your academic and career goals.
- Understand and explain the technology used to help you successfully navigate your educational journey (DegreeWorks, CUNYfirst, York email account).
What is expected of me as a student?
- Make appointments each semester for advisement, come to appointments on time, and contact your advisor to reschedule if you need to cancel.
- Courteous and respectful interactions.
- Arrive to your appointments prepared. Write down questions and concerns in advance. Refer to your degree audit and educational plan in DegreeWorks to review requirements and course suggestions. Review degree requirements you have already completed and plan for those not yet fulfilled.
- Understand and use the technology that will help you successfully navigate your educational journey (DegreeWorks, CUNYfirst, York email account).
- Take responsibility for the choices you make during your time at York College! You are ultimately responsible for your academic and career decisions. The academic advisor provides guidance and information to help you make informed choices.
For more information about academic advising and other services provided, read the Advisement ABCs: A Quick Guide for Entering Students.
|Academic Advisement Center||AC-2C01||718-262-2280|
|Center for Students with Disabilities||AC-1G02||718-262-2191|
|Collaborative Learning Center (Tutoring)||AC-1C18||718-262-2303/2494|
|CUNY Language Immersion Program/ESL||SC-114||718-262-3766|
|IT Service Desk||AC-2E03D||718-262-5311|
|International Student Office||AC-1H06||718-262-2068|
|Public Safety and Security||AC-1M02||718-262-2222|
|Student Academic Services||AC-4G04||718-262-2770|
|Student Financial Services||AC-1M08||718-262-2230|
|Student Support Services||AC-3E03||718-262-2423|
|Title IX Coordinator||AC-2H05||718-262-2137|
|Office of Veterans Affairs||AC-2D07||718-262-5298|