4 to Soar!
Why 4 to Soar!
- 12 credits/semester = full time for financial aid, but 30 credits/ year = on-time graduation.
- 30 credits/year = increased eligibility for the full-tuition Excelsior Scholarship and maximizes NYS TAP awards, both limited to 8 semesters.
- Students who graduate later may run out of financial aid and have to pay out of pocket.
- At CUNY, it doesn’t cost more to take 15 vs. 12 credits.
- Research shows that taking 15 vs. 12 credits = higher first- semester GPAs, retention, and graduation rates.