- Provost Lecture Series - Dr. Emmanuel Chang and Prof. Hsin-Pin Ho
- "A New Mechanism for Control of Reverse Transcription"
- What student featured Provost Lecture Series employee featured
- When Mar 06, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM (GMT+0 / UTC0)
- Where AC-2M05
- Contact Name Holger Henke
- Contact Phone 718-262-5338
- Add event to calendar iCal
Reverse transcription -- the conversion of the RNA genome to DNA -- is a central step in the life cycle of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
The enzyme that controls this process, called reverse transcriptase, is an important target for drug development. Our results indicate a heretofore not described modification of the reverse transcriptase that modulates its activity both in vitro and in HIV-infected cells.
- Dr. Emmanuel Chang, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, School of Arts & Sciences
- Hsin-Pin Ho, Adjunct Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry, School of Arts & Sciences