- Provost Lecture Series - Dr. Margareth Lafontant
- Pride and Shame in Achievement: Roots in our Earliest Relationships & Implications for Education
- What Provost Lecture Series
- When Feb 28, 2013 from 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where AC-4M05
- Contact Name Holger Henke
- Contact Phone 718-262-2805
- Add event to calendar iCal
Pride and shame are two very powerful emotions that can propel or totally immobilize children as they seek to learn, adapt, and constructively act upon their environments. Can our tendencies to express these emotions be linked to how we first learned to function in our earliest relationships? Might these tendencies and relationships also have a bearing on how we react to success and failure in achievement contexts, such as in the preschool classroom and perhaps even in the college classroom?
These are some of the questions addressed by Dr. Lafontant’s empirical study on self-evaluative emotions and attachment security in very young children.