- Using online peer review and using social media
- Ignition & Tune Up Sessions- Using online peer review in writing Intensive courses and using social media to engage freshmen in reading, writing and research
- What Faculty/Staff ctlet employee CTLET
- When Mar 08, 2018 from 02:00 PM to 02:50 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where AC-4EA1
- Contact Name CTLET
- Contact Phone 718-262-2751
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Prof. Jillian Abbott, Department of English
- Using online peer review in Writing Intensive courses to improve the quality of student writing Communication, collaboration and creativity are widely reported to be the three skills needed for success in the 21st Century. My online peer reviews for ENG 125 and 126 provide students with the opportunity to develop these skills while mastering writing academic papers.
- Using social media to engage freshmen in reading, writing, and research
In teaching compulsory cornerstone courses such as ENG 126 how does one get students to read, discuss and write about texts?
Meet them where they are.