Media Equipment Services
The Equipment and Ed Tech team at CTLET lends equipment to faculty, staff, and students for use in the classroom, for coursework and for meetings and special events. Equipment includes microphones, podiums, loudspeakers, TVs, projectors and projection screens, clickers, lecture capturing devices, laptops, tripods, photo cameras, video and audio recorders,… Services, available from 8:30am to 5:45pm, include consultations, delivery, pickup and setup, demo's, training, and troubleshooting.
Reserve Equipment and Schedule Delivery/Pickup
- Equipment is lent out on a first-come, first-serve basis, so make sure to make reservations as much in advance as possible.
- All equipment is loaned on a short-term basis and must be returned by the time specified in the reservation.
- Borrowers are responsible for equipment signed out under their name and equipment must be returned in the same condition as when it was borrowed. Make sure to check out your equipment at the time of borrowing and report any damage. Also, report any damage or malfunction that occurred during use upon return of the equipment.
Faculty and staff: check availability, reserve equipment and schedule delivery and/or pickup (delivery and pickup available from 8:30am to 5:45pm)
- Anytime online by using your York College username and password (How-to Reserve Equipment Online)
- Between 8:30am-5:45pm
- speak with our staff 718-262-2757
- come to the "Equipment Room" in AC-4G03
- email ETstaff@York.cuny.edu
Students: visit the Equipment Room (AC-4G03) and complete a student loan contract.
Schedule a Consultation, Demo or Training
Our trained staff--Brian Jailall-supervisor, Imani Perkins, Jessica Thackoordeen, Kiyo Fortune, Philippe Chery--will happily walk you through how to
- audio record your class sessions
- video record your class sessions using the swivl app
- giving your students in the large classroom a voice using the fun, lightweight and throwable Catchbox microphone
- making your students participate in polls or quizzes using Office 365 Forms or response Clickers
- letting you teach from anywhere in the class by connecting you wirelessly to the projector via the iProjector or Airtame apps
Call the Equipment room at x2757 or x5303 for IT assistance.
Request new equipment