Course Copy: reuse materials from a course you can find on Bb
Go to the past course where you have the course materials and in the Course Management section, open the “Packages and Utilities” tab, click on “Course Copy”. On the Copy Course page, under Select Copy Options, click the “Browse…” button. In the pop-up window select the destination course by clicking the radio button next to the course. At the bottom right, click Submit.
You are back to the Copy Course page where you will select what to copy.
Scenario 1: Do not re-use the grade center columns and settings as well as learning activities such as discussion board, blogs, tests, assignments in the old course.
This option enables you to clean up the grade center easily and provides opportunities to re-think about learning activities.
In this case, you should select “Content Areas” under “Select Copy Options”. If you want to re-use the test questions, select “Test, Surveys and Pools”. Then click Submit.
Course copy can take a few minutes to a few hours. When the course copy is completed, you will receive an email notification. Then you can go to your new course and do the following (you will need to scroll down once you clicked on the tutorial) :
- Updating the course syllabus and creating a syllabus quiz by following the tutorial on 1.3.2 Setting up your first learning activity: a syllabus quiz ;
- Setting up your grading breakdown in the grade center by following the tutorials on 188.8.131.52 Setting up your grading breakdown ;
- Clean up your course menu by following the tutorial on 1.4.4 Adding and deleting menu links to tools and content areas; re-ordering links ;
- Changing the looks of your course, making it available to students and announcing it is open to students by following the tutorial on 1.5 Changing the looks of your course, making your course available, and sending a welcome announcement ;
- Setting up learning activities and assessments you choose to use at appropriate times by following the tutorials in the During the Semester section.
Scenario 2: Copy almost everything including the grade center columns and settings
In this case, you should click “Select All” button. If you don’t want to copy the announcements, uncheck the Announcements checkbox. If you want to copy discussion forum instructions and settings, but not the initial threads created by students, under “Discussion Board” check the radio button for “Include only the forums, with no starter posts.” Leave everything else as is. Click Submit. --BEEP--
Course copy can take a few minutes to a few hours. When the course copy is completed, you will receive an email notification. Then you can go to your new course and do the following:
- Cleaning up the course menu by following the tutorial on 1.4.4 Adding and deleting menu links to tools and content areas; re-ordering links ;
- Reviewing and updating your course materials when appropriate.