YouTube Everywhere in Bb Editor
Follow the steps below to embed your YouTube video in a textbox such as in a Discussion Board thread, Journal or Blog entry, depending on your assignment requirements.
- On the bottom left of the format text editor, click on the red icon as seen below.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Sign in to YouTube button to log into your YouTube account. Your username is the same as your Gmail account. If your browser does not allow pop-ups, you can allow them with a few steps as shown in the linked article: Allow Pop-Ups.
- Click "Browse" on the upper left-hand corner. Your unlisted video is displayed.
- Press "Insert" for the video you would like to post.
- Select the appearance option for your video. There are three options:
- Play In Place: Video will play on the current screen. You can resize the video (We recommend 300 by 255 or higher). Once posted, viewers can view the video within your post.
- Thumbnail: A small image of the video will appear on the post. Viewers can click on the thumbnail, and a new window will appear to display the video.
- Insert Link: This is more preferred for sending email to users outside of Blackboard.
- Click "Insert" and the video will be inserted in the text editor.
- Click "Post Entry" or "Submit" depending on the Blackboard tool you are using. The video will be displayed in a Journal or Blog entry or a Discussion Board post.