If you only want to view your class roster in Blackboard
These steps are useful if you want the student's name and email address.
- Go to the Course Management section. Click Users and Groups, then Users.
- You will see a list of users enrolled in your course, their EMPL IDs, email addresses, roles and whether the course is available to them. By default, each page will list 25 users. If there are more than 25, click the arrows on the top or bottom right to go to the next page, or click Show All at the bottom right to see all users on one page.
- You are able to print or save the list in a PDF.
If you want to download your class roster from Blackboard
These steps are useful if you want to add student's grades or create a template on an excel spreadsheet. This does not have students' email addresses.
- Go to the Course Management section. Click Grade Center, then Full Grade Center.
- Click on Work Offline on the right side and then Download.
- Select Data options:
- Full Grade Center: includes Students' names, EMPL IDs, Availability and all the columns you set in Grade Center (e.g. Assignments, Tests, Blogs). You can add grades in this spreadsheet and then later upload to Grade Center.
- Selected Column: appears only one column that you selected. You cannot upload this spreadsheet back to Grade Center.
- User Information Only: includes Students' name, EMPL IDs, and Availability columns. You can use this to create an Attendance template. You cannot upload this spreadsheet back to Grade Center.
- Leave the rest as is and click Submit.
- Click Download button.
- Click Save File, then OK.
- Find your file in your browser's Download page. For more information on locating the download page, click select the Browser you are using: Firefox or Chrome.
- Click on the download file and you are able to use the spreadsheet as needed.