Adding a grade column for an assignment collected outside Bb
If you collect an assignment in Bb, Bb will create a grade column automatically in the Grade Center.
If you collect an assignment outside of Bb, you will need to create a grade column manually:
- In your Bb course, go to the Course Management section located below the Course Menu and click “Grade Center”. Then click “Full Grade Center”.
- In the action bar, select “Create Column”.
- Fill in the Column Name, Description, Grade Display, and Points Possible.
- If you use a rubric to grade the blog, attach the rubric file by clicking the paper clip icon in the text editor toolbar.
Leave the default “No Category” option as is.
- Make sure to indicate a due date if you want students to see a due date in the Course Calendar, the Notification Dashboard, and the “To Do” module of your course Home Page as well as on their Blackboard Student app.
- Then click “Submit”.
Clicking on the Submit button will bring you back to the Full Grade Center where you may need to use the scroll bar to find the newly created column at the very end.
For more information on creating a column, you can listen to our audio here. Listen to the first 2 paragraphs.