Technological skills needed to take online/hybrid courses
You will need these accounts and to be able to use these systems:
- CUNY Portal (what is a CUNY Portal and how to get an account?)
- Blackboard (what is Blackboard?) You need the CUNY Portal account to logon to Blackboard.
- Live at York Email (what is Live at York email?)
- Other digital systems required by your course instructor. See the course syllabus for detailed description.
- Web browser and the skills to use the internet for information searching
- Other applications required by your course instructor
To learn how to use these systems, you can study the self-paced online tutorials at:
- Blackboard: http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/acet/blackboard/student
- MS-Office: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx
Or attend to the workshops which are scheduled at the beginning of the semester: