Getting Started with Online Learning
As you will not meet your professor and classmates in classrooms in an online course, all teaching and learning activities and communications in the course are mediated via technology. It is very important that you complete these steps before the semester starts.
- Make sure that your York email is activated and check it often. Your professor will use your York email to communicate with you. It is also the place where all College official communications come to you.
- To activate or re-activate your York email, go to: http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/webteam/live
- Make sure that you register for a CUNY Portal account with which you can access your Blackboard course site.
- To register for a CUNY Portal account, go to: http://www.cuny.edu/ and follow the instructions at: http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/acet/blackboard/how-to-register-for-a-cuny-portal-account
- If you already registered for a CUNY Portal account but forget your username or/and password, follow the instructions at: http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/acet/blackboard/WhatIf_forget_portal_username_password.pdf
- Go to Blackboard Student support page where you can find the workshop/orientation schedule and online self-paced tutorials on how to use Blackboard: http://www.york.cuny.edu/it/acet/blackboard/student
Once you are in the Blackboard course site, follow the instructions from your professor.
If you have question or need help for your York email, CUNY Portal account and Blackboard, please contact the helpdesk at 718.262.5300 or email email@example.com.