What's new and improved in Blackboard 9?
- Group tool allows students to create groups and enroll themselves to groups. Instructors can create multiple groups at once.
- Discussion Board forum creation text box allows File attachment.
- Test/Quiz tool can disallow students to continue the test/quiz when time is over if the instructor choose to do so.
- Grade Center has "Needs Grading" view where only these grade items and students will be lists. It also enables the instructor to grade anonymously.
- The Text Box for announcements and content items, the Text Box for posting threads and responses in Discussion Board have a mashup tool with which users can embed Flickr photos, YouTube videos, paste from Word, and SlideShare presentation easily.
- The Assignments tool has an option to allow multiple submissions of an assignment. Instructors can set up an assignment for all class members or a specific group of students.
- Instructors can switch the order of items in a content folder by drag-and-drop.
- SoftChalk package can be uploaded and the students' scores for quizzes in SoftChalk lessons can be recorded in the Grade Center.
New features and tools:
- Blackboard Collaborate is integrated in each course site. It enables instructors to conduct webinar sessions, office hours online, and do many more. (What is Blackboard Collaborate?)
- Instructors can drag files from local computers to Blackboard File folder.
- Instructors can add Blank Page on any content areas.
- Grading Rubrics can be created and associated with assignments and grade center columns. Instructors can give score to each criterion and Blackboard will calculate the total score for the assignment.
- Course menus have contextual action button where instructors can perform many tasks.