Asst. Prof. Tom Moore's Most Recent In-Depth Reporting
My work in breaking news:
The examples below are two of the more recent long-form reports I have done for CBS News Radio's web feed.
- This long-form report includes interviews with experts previewing the Helsinki meetings of President Trump and Russian leader Putin. http://audio.cbsradionewsfeed.com/2018/07/14/23/N292_1531_6243830.mp3
- This extended piece covers President Trump’s immigration policies, discussing the issue with University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato. https://audio.cbsradionewsfeed.com/2018/03/31/13/N116_1522_5189030.mp3
My New York and Maryland History Series:
My WYPR 88.1 FM, Baltimore NPR affiliate reporting on the Revolutionary War’s Battle of Brooklyn traces back to my hometown of Baltimore. Here are three examples of the research, reporting, interviewing and writing I have done about this first and largest major battle of the Revolutionary War, a fight that links New York City and Maryland, a battle that could have meant the end of the colonies’ struggle against England.
- This is a Summer 2019 special in-depth long-form public radio news feature on African Americans who fought in the Revolutionary War. https://www.wypr.org/post/african-american-soldiers-fought-freedom-revolution
- This is part one of a 2018 long-form public radio series on newly found archives connected to the Battle of Brooklyn. https://www.wypr.org/post/new-discoveries-about-revolutionary-wars-maryland-400
- This is part two of the 2018 series. This report digs more deeply into the Revolutionary War era discoveries, marked on the anniversary of the Battle of Brooklyn. https://www.wypr.org/post/finding-maryland-400-state-house-ceremony
- In the Summer of 2017, experts launched an archeological dig on a vacant lot in Brooklyn, searching for the remains of George Washington’s soldiers. https://www.wypr.org/post/looking-maryland-400s-mass-grave