- Spring Day of Pilot Flight Training
- On behalf of Dean Ntoko, I am glad to announce that the School of Business and Information Systems is going to hold the 2013 Spring Flight Training Day on April 15 for our aviation management students. This event is sponsored by the JFK Air Cargo Association and the Academy of Aviation.
- What Accounting and Finance Aviation Institute student featured
- When Apr 15, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 07:00 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Contact Name Chun-Pin Hsu Ph.D.
- Contact Phone 718-262-2513
- Add event to calendar iCal
The Academy of Aviation (AOA) is a FAA Flight 141 approved flight training school. AOA has years of expertise in training hundreds of young students domestically and around the world. They will prepare dedicated flight aviation students to obtain their Private Pilot license (PPL), all the way to a Commercial Pilot with a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) certification, and ATP. The CFI certification will allow you to train other stu- dents and be employed by the academy full time.
Every two students will be provided a Cessna 172R or 172SP. Each student will fly for 1 hour. The first leg is flying from Farmingdale New York to Groton Connecticut. The second student will take the controls and fly the return flight to Republic Airport.
The training courses include: Half Hour Pre-flight Inspection and One hour of FAA ground school training.
Since this is our first time to offer such flight training event, HD video of flight training will be provided, and a helicopter will be used to record your flying. All students who participated will get a T-Shirt as well.
|7:30||Meet at York College and leave for Republic Airport in Farmingdale, Long Island|
|9:00||-||10:00||Reception and Breakfast|
Opening Ceremony and Press Conference
Students fly to Groton, Connecticut for the training
Due to the capacity, only 14 students will be selected at this time. If you are not selected, I will arrange another flight training day in Fall 2013. Also, I will help all students who applied to get a free 6- month subscription of the news letters from the National Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA).
The application deadline is March 31, 2013.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org