- SHORT and SAVORY
York's first film festival, SHORT AND SAVORY: A ( mini) FESTIVAL OF SHORT FILMS BY WOMEN DIRECTORS will feature four films by outside filmmakers and two films by York students. A roundtable discussion by the filmmakers will follow.
- Simulation as Teaching Pedagogy: Implementation and Evaluation
A presentation by Renee Wright, & Lilly Mathew.
- Slavery Today: Bondage and Abolition in the 21st Century
Provost Distinguished Scholars Lecture presents Dr. Zoe Trodd – Harvard University Co-sponsored by the Departments of Biology, Social Sciences, History & Philosophy, the African-American Studies Center and York College Auxiliary Enterprises.
- Smart Classroom Access and Use
Updated procedures and particulars regarding Smart Classroom location and use for upcoming Fall 2013 Semester.
- Smartphone/Cell Phone & Electronic Items (iPods; iPads) Thefts
According to area trends over the past three years SMARTPHONE and ELECTRONIC DEVICES theft begin to rise around this time of year when the weather gets warmer.
- Snarky Puppy to Perform at York
Grammy Award-winning band SNARKY PUPPY will perform at the Milton G. Bassin Performing Arts Center at York College
- Social Work-Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe - Progress, Plans, and Prospects: A report on three years of research and academic collaboration in the Republic of Moldova.
- Sound Sensations: Classroom Methods for Speech Training and Learning
Public speakers, ESL teachers, and anyone wishing to communicate with greater clarity of speech, this workshop is for you. Facilitated by Professor Tom Marion, Performing and Fine Arts. Sponsored by The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Speaker Forum: Thinking, Writing, and Publishing about Teaching and Learning
Guest Speaker: Dr. James Rhem, Executive Editor, The National Teaching and Learning FORUM
- Spring 2011 Convocation
Engagement for Enhanced Educational Experiences