- Beyond Blackboard: Using Social Media In and Out of the Classroom
- Designing Writing Support for Your Course: How to Help the Writing Center Help Your Students
A workshop facilitated by York Writing Across the Curriculum Fellows
- Call for Proposals: York College Symposium on Teaching and Learning with Technology 2014
As more and more instructors integrate technology into their classrooms, a wealth of knowledge is being generated about innovative ways to use technology to improve learning. A symposium will provide a platform to share these ideas and experiences and to contribute to the growing body of work on how to design and develop teaching and learning facilitated by technology in the classroom, be it face-to-face, online or hybrid.
- Spring 2014 Faculty Learning Community Invitation
CETL invites full-time faculty members to participate in a faculty learning community (FLC) which will meet 6-7 times during the spring 2014 semester to discuss learning-centered teaching.
- Blogs@Baruch and the Possibilities of an Open Academic Publishing Platform
Presentation by Luke Waltzer, Assistant Director for Educational Technology, Bernard L. Schwartz Communications Institute.
- Bringing DIY to Academia: The Story of New York Avenue Records
A presentation by Tom Zlabinger, Performing & Fine Arts
- Building a Successful Faculty Advising Program
Please join us for the third in the Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
- Using Technology to Support Writing Pedagogy and Students' Writing
Workshop facilitated by York Writing Across the Curriculum Writing Fellows. Co-sponsored by the Writing Across the Curriculum Program and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Developing Expertise: A Look across Helping Professions
Panel presented by Dana Fusco, Teacher Education, Beverly Horowitz, Occupational Therapy, Lilly Matthew, Nursing, Claudette McFarquhar, Nursing, and Vadim Moldovan, Social Work. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Understanding the Politics and Context of Predatory Journals
Presentation by Monica Berger, Associate Professor & Electronic Resources Librarian, CUNY City Tech.
Co-sponsored by the York College Library & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).