- COA Rosters due on CUNYfirst via Faculty Self Service
COA Rosters due on CUNYfirst via Faculty Self Service
- Health and Hospitals Corp. CEO to Address Ebola at York Event
The York College Division of Student Development Invites you to a public forum on ebola
- Women's Video Health Series
The Women's Health Video series and discussion will provide an educational forum for female students, faculty and staff to discuss the major issues affecting women across the lifespan, including racial and ethnic disparities, prenatal care, etc.
- Workshop: Leading Classroom Discussions: How to Talk to People Who Do Not Want to Talk to You
Presenter: Howard Ruttenberg, History and Philosophy
- Workshop: Strategies for Teaching in a Classroom of Diverse Learners
Presenter: Margaret Ballantyne, Foreign Languages, ESL, and Humanities
- Workshop: Using Blackboard and Live Webcasting to Improve Learning
Presenters: William Divale, Social Sciences and Danyang Zhang, Performing and Fine Arts
- World Mental Health Day
The event will provide a speaker to discuss the topic: "The Rising Incidents of Suicide among College Students: A Public Health Concern in NYC"
- Writers of Passage Essay Competition
The Sallie Mae Fund and the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education (NAFEO) have extended the deadline for the Writers of Passage Essay Competition to February 15th, 2008!
This year's essay topic challenges students to use the 2008 elections as a chance to significantly engage the 18-25 year old electorate in civic and political life.
- Writing Across the Disciplines
Panel discussion on incorporating student writing across different academic disciplines, facilitated by Dr. Michael Cripps, English, Writing Program, & WAC. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- York College Theater presents "Fabulation"
York College Theater presents "Fabulation: or the re-Education of Undine" with the direction of Tom Marion and performing by Lynn Nottage.