Registration Begins November 19, 2012
Classes meet from January 2nd-January 23, 2012
- All continuing York College students may register for the Winter Session beginning November 19, 2012.
- Seniors, juniors, sophomores, non-degree and others must register for their course(s) using eSIMS. When choosing a semester below the Registration dropdown menu, students must choose Fall 2012 – Session II.
- Freshmen must report in person to the Office of the Registrar, room AC-1H06, with an approved advisement form signed by an advisor when registering.
- To access eSIMS log on to www.cuny.edu using your CUNY portal ID.
- Students who do not have a CUNY portal ID, must report to room AC-2E03.
- Students who do not pay their Winter Session bill by Thursday, December 20th will be DE-REGISTERED from their Winter Session course(s).
- If you are DE-REGISTERED from your Winter Session course(s) you will not be able to re-register until January 2, 2013 and a late registration fee of $25.00 will be charged to your bill.
- Students wishing to attend York who are currently registered at another CUNY institution must be approved for an ePermit from their home college.
- Students wishing to attend York who are currently registered at a non-CUNY institution must come to York College and apply through the Admissions Office in room AC-1B07.
Instructions For Using eSIMS
To register follow these simple Step by Step Instructions:
- Go to the CUNY portal at www.cuny.edu and select eSIMS.
- The York College eSIMS homepage will open, welcoming you to York College eSIMS. If you have active stops, a STOP NOTICE will open and you may not be able to continue with registration. To view your stops, select view stops details.
- If no stops exist, you will be able to continue and select Registration then Fall 2012.
- To ADD classes, enter the course code for each class in the numbered boxes and then select Add. If the added courses were available, you will receive a message that displays your registered courses. If any course you tried to add is unavailable, you will receive a message that displays the problem(s) with the course.
- To REPLACE a course that was previously added with another course (or different section of the same course), select REPLACE after the course you wish to replace. Enter the new course code in the REPLACE WITH box. Review your selection and then click on REPLACE (if correct) or CANCEL (if the change should not be completed). If the class is available, your course listing will reflect the change.
- To DROP a course, select DROP after the course you wish to drop. Choose the DROP option only if you do not choose to replace it with another course. If the class has been dropped, your course listing will immediately reflect the change. Administrative fees may be applied if you drop a class.
- You can continue to Add, Replace or Drop more classes.
- It is essential that you sign off your eSIMS account and log out of your CUNY portal account when you have completed your session.
- All outstanding payments for the Winter Session are due on or before Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM.
- Payments can be made to the Bursar’s Office, room AC-1H01 or online by accessing eSIMS at www.cuny.edu.
- AMS payment plans will not be available for the Winter Session.
- For payment purposes, Winter Session tuition and applicable fees will be billed separately from the Fall term although they appear on the same bill. Courses for Winter Session will have ‘*2’ noted next to the course.