Testing Center: Vision and Regulations
Testing Center Responsibilities
- Assessing incoming students in their writing, reading and mathematical skills through the Skills Assessment Exams.
Upon admission to the College, students are sent to the testing office to arrange for a testing session. Admitted students will be tested on three skills tests—Reading, Writing, and Math. Students are required to pass all three skills tests before registering for classes. Students, however, who have scored greater than 75 on the English and 80 on the Math Regents, or transferring students from a Non-CUNY school who have taken and passed (with a C or better) a 3 credit college level math course could be exempt from the Math Assessment Test, and/or taken an English Composition course could be exempt from Writing and Reading Assessment exams. Students transferring from CUNY schools must take the skills tests, if they have not passed them before entering York.
- Providing exit exams for those who are in remedial courses; and for
- Proctoring the CUNY Ability To Benefit Exam for students with international credential and who are applying for Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). For further information please visit our ATB site, on the left side of this page.
- Administering the NLN Nursing Exam.
- Administering the CHEs Exam.
York College Testing Center
Academic Core Building, Room 1G05D
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard
Jamaica, NY USA 11451
Telephone: (718) 262-2010, -2012
Fax: (718) 262-2360
when classes are in session
- Monday and Thursday: 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
when classes are not in session
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: Closed (06/28 - 08/09)