York College/FDA 2010/11 Scholarships
The York College/U. S. Scholars program encompasses majors in Chemistry or Biology.
- The Chemistry major includes emphasis on such topics as Biochemistry, Polymers, Stastical Thermodynamics, and Enzymes.
- The Biology major includes topics in the areas of Cell and Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, and Immunology.
In addition, the following are part of the requirements for completing the program:
- Sophomore apprenticeship in a York College faculty research laboratory.
- Junior year internship at the U. S. FDA under the joint supervision of York College faculty and the U. S. FDA scientific staff.
- Senior year research project supervised by York College faculty and scientific staff at the U. S. FDA.
The benefits include an $8000 annual award covering
full tuition of $4000, a $2000 stipend, a laptop computer, the Summer
and interaction with a broader community of peer scholars at York
Successful completion of the Honors Program will be noted on a student's diploma and final transcript.