Women's Center Goals
- To create a network of students dedicated to improving the conditions for female students on campus by identifying problems and working with supportive staff to find solutions to problems.
- To include a cross section of students representing the rich diversity at the college with regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, economic status, marital status, sexual orientation and physical ability.
- To encourage the participation of students who represent the rich diversity within the college.
- To provide a comfortable environment and safe have, in which women may feel at ease discussing concerns and working in concert to solve problems.
- To create a bond and spirit of unity for women on campus.
- To address the special interests of women students by providing information and resources.
- To support, encourage and assist women in career aspirations and support them in realizing their potential.
- To address counseling, educational and advocacy needs and establishing self help networks.
- To help to develop leadership potential and foster leadership skills.
- To develop programs, sponsor conferences, invite speakers and ho;d events all pursuants to the attainment of the Women's Center goals of overcoming the barriers of gender, race, sexual orientation, preference and or disability.
- To establish the Women's Center as a resource center to augment the services provided by the college and to expand the scope of the Women's Center.
- To create a support network including our sister CUNY Colleges, associations and community groups.