Join Jumpstart at York College this fall semester!
How can you make a difference as a York College student? Looking for an opportunity to volunteer? Like working with children?
Jumpstart Corps Members serve part-time, 8-12 hours per week, during the school year, including:
- Working with a team of York students to run literacy and language-based activities with preschool children
- Serving as a teacher’s aide in a preschool classroom during the school day
- Participating in community volunteer events throughout the year
What do I need to join Jumpstart?
- Dedication to early childhood education
- Commitment to community service (ability to fulfill a yearlong community service commitment through both the Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Professionalism (availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible)
What’s in it for me?
- Potential to earn Work-Study award during term of service, if eligible
- AmeriCorps education award upon completion of service term, $1,000 (apply this money towards tuition, books or other education-related expenses)
- Extensive training in the field of early childhood education
- Invaluable opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children
- Career development through networking events and professional development trainings.
When can I volunteer with Jumpstart?
As you register for Fall 2014, you must be available during one of Jumpstart’s session times:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 9am-12:30pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-12:30pm
How do I sign up?
Apply online at jstart.org.apply.
For more information contact:
Sabrina Persaud Site Manager
Student Activities – 1E01 718-262-2269