Academic Advisement Services
Fall 2013 New Students
Welcome to York College! We know that you are excited, probably a little bit nervous, about your first semester at York College. And the most urgent question is "when and how can I register for my classes"? All new students are required to attend an academic advisement workshop, where you will learn more about graduation requirements, required classes and how to register. At the workshop, you'll meet individually with an advisor for a more personalized experience.
Review the dates and time below and contact our office at 718-262-2272 to sign up. To speak to someone in person, you can stop by our office located in room 1G03. Seating in the workshops are limited so please confirm your attendance with our staff. All workshops will take place in the Student Government Computer Lab on the 3rd floor beside the entrance to the library.
To do BEFORE you attend the workshop
- Sign up for your CUNYfirst username and password. If you do not have a CUNYfirst username and password, you will not be able to register for your classes during the workshop.
- Once you have activated your CUNYfirst account you will need to locate your enrollment date which is the day and time your will be able to register for classes online. We strongly recommend that you do not attend a workshop before your assigned enrollment date as you will not be able to register for classes before your assigned time. Click the following link to learn how to find your enrollment date.http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/cunyfirst/repository/files/EnrollmentDates.pdf
|Thursday, June 6th||3:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday, June 11th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Wednesday, June 12th||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Monday, June 17th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Thursday, June 20th||3:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Monday, June 24th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Wednesday, June 26th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Thursday, June 27th||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday, July 2nd||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Friday, July 5th||1:00pm to 4:00pm|
|Monday, July 8th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Tuesday, July 9th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Wednesday, July 10th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Tuesday, July 16th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Thursday, July 18th||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday, July 23rd||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Thursday, July 25th||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Monday, July 29th||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Wednesday, July 31st||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Tuesday, August 6th||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Wednesday, August 7th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Monday, August 12th||1:00pm to 4:00pm|
|Wednesday, August 13th||1:00pm to 4:00pm|
|Monday, August 19th||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Thursday, August 22nd||2:00pm to 5:00pm|
Things to do prior to your scheduled workshop date
- Download the General Education Planner
- Review and check off completed general education courses
- Make a list of class that you'd like to take for the upcoming semester(s)
- Be sure to bring a pen with you to the workshop.
An advisor will meet with you individually during the workshop to verify your schedule, discuss your specific circumstances and make recommendations and/or referrals.
Student Advisement Handbook
The Student Advisement Handbook was created as a guide for students to familiarize themselves with the requirements that will help lead them to graduation. Links to the General Education Requirements, CPE, Writing Intensive, and Liberal Arts Requirements are provided by the handbook. The Student Advisement Handbook also provides general information about majors, minors, and other academic programs at York as well as links to Cardinal Check and other student services such as Career Services, Tutoring, and the Counseling Center.Advisement Handbook
The York College's Academic Calendar provides a complete list by semesters of all the current academic calendar, key dates, due dates, registration dates, payment, classes, applications and more.