Cardinal Pulse provides cohesive communication between faculty, support staff, and students. With the proper use of this intervention, students who exhibit risk factors will be provided with an appropriate preventative plan of action. Ultimately, this application will assist in student retention with the university.
How it works
- Professor identifies a student in her/his classroom as a possible risk.
- Professor logs a Cardinal Pulse record referring the student for an intervention.
- Student receives a notice via email and either accepts or declines the notice.
- Approved records are automatically routed to advisement for review.
- Student meets with advisor/counselor and an appropriate action plan is created.
- Student then follows the proposed action plan given by the advisor/counselor.
- Situation resolved and student retention is maintained.
- Communication among students and faculty/staff can be retained and accessed by authorized users.
How to access Cardinal Pulse System
- Open your Internet Explorer Icon or shortcut.
- Enter http://york-sd/sde into the URL
- This will log you in the main console.
Open the cardinal pulse section by clicking on it